30 Days of Thankfulness
(A handy reminder to do what we are commanded to in Scripture.)
November 25th, 2012.
I am thankful for homeschooling.
This one encompasses a lot…
- I’m thankful for a husband committed to the idea as much as I am, so that he’ll do whatever it takes to allow me to stay home with them.
- I’m thankful for a supportive homeschool community of friends online, and the wonderful Magnolia State Home Educators group locally.
- I’m thankful for great Christian curriculums (although I hesitate to mention this, as I already gave Sonlight their own day!)
- I’m thankful for the Lord’s leading that brought us to the point where we feel this is the right path, and for his strength and support when times are tough.
- I’m thankful for children who are interested and willing participants in the process (and who also each had their own day!).
- I’m thankful, so thankful, that I have the opportunity to not only teach each child in a way that meets their needs best, but also to teach them about a worldview and way of life that our faith imparts, and protect them from the bad influences and dangers (on so many levels!) that are “out there”.