Recently, I have been inspired to carry my “simplifying” and “greening” past using vinegar and baking soda as cleaning products, and into the realm of personal care.
After reading about Natural Haircare on A Pondering Heart, and the No Shampoo Method on Feelin’ Feminine, I decided that was a good place to start.
Being me, I did a bunch of Internet searches, read a lot of articles, and got a lot of conflicting advice and recommendations.
I’ve been dabbling with some various things over last few weeks, but I was delighted to hear the announcement that Feelin’ Feminine has put together a brand new No Shampoo E-Book!
I was delighted to receive a pre-release copy of the e-Book for review, and was delighted by it for a variety of reasons.
- The style is warm and friendly, with multiple authors giving their own unique voice and viewpoint
- There is a terrific accumulation of information – about hair, and caring for your hair, as well as several ideas and “recipes” for substitutes for commercial shampoo, conditioner, and styling products
- Many “testimonials” tell real-life experiences of different people, in different places, with different issues
- The book is well written and easy-to-read, and is graphically designed and presented in a fun and enjoyable style. (So much nicer than so many straight-text e-books out there!)
- A special section give advice on using essential oils. Not only can you smell great, but they will actually help with various hair issues!
In short, although most of this information is doubtless “out there” for you to find yourself, I think this book is well worth the inexpensive price, to have all the information gathered, organized, and at your fingertips.
Order it directly from Feelin’ Feminine (only $8.99!)
One lucky As For My House reader will win their own copy of the No Shampoo Method E-Book!
Make sure to leave your email address with each comment. (Used only to contact the winner. If your email is entered in the form it will be saved for me but not displayed).
1. Leave a comment here and sharing a funny hair story!! Okay, or just tell me why you’d like this book.
Extra Entries (leave separate comments for each).
Once you have completed #1, you can earn additional entries by doing any or all of the following.
2. Become a Facebook Fan of Feelin’ Feminine.
3. Subscribe to As For My House in your favorite feed reader, or by email. (Current subscribers count, too!)
4. and 5. Post this giveaway to your Facebook wall (leave your Facebook name), or Tweet about it (and leave the link)! Each may be done daily for extra entries.
6. Enter any of the other giveaways posted here, or over at Life on the Road, and comment back here telling me which one.
7. Leave a (reasonable) comment on any non-giveaway post, and comment back here letting me know which one(s).
In additon to these, there are MANY more ways to earn extra entries. You know, all the usual stuff like sharing on Facebook, Tweeting, and so on? Just click over to our Giveaway Policy page for all the details!
This giveaway ends 1/6/2011 at 11:59pm (Central), or more likely some time the following morning when I log in again.
The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on the blog, as well as contacted by email. Winner must respond within 48 hours, or a new winner will be selected.
I received a draft copy of this e-Book free from Feelin’ Feminine; I was not compensated in any other way for this review. This review has not been approved or edited by anyone.
I was “disclosing” before it was cool. See my Review Policy for the full scoop.
** Comments are now closed. Look for the winner to be announced soon in a separate post! **